A Summery Peach Galette
Updated: Jul 2, 2022
Day 304 (29th June)
Okay, I'm doing two parts for day 304 because the pictures are way too good, and I believe they deserve a shiny spot on the website.
First, I made a peach galette!
Pie dough recipe (Makes one big galette and one small galette/small pie)
200 grams of all-purpose flour
100 grams of cold, chopped butter
10 tablespoons of cold water
1) Combine all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse it for about 20 seconds until pea-sized particles form.
2) Take the dough out of the food processor and knead it into a big ball (only until just combined — no need to over-knead).
3) Wrap it in saran wrap and chill it in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
Peach filling recipe:
6 medium-sized peaches
1/4 cup of brown sugar (can increase to 1/3 cup)
1 teaspoon of lemon juice
1 tablespoon of cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Optional: One egg yolk (to brush), a teaspoon of sugar
1) Cut the peaches into four to six parts each.
2) Add the brown sugar, lemon juice, cornstarch, cinnamon, and vanilla extract to a bowl.
3) Add in the peaches.
4) Mix thoroughly by hand until each peach piece is coated.
To make the galette, roll out 2/3 of the dough until it is half an inch thick.
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
Add about 3/4 of the filling to the middle of the galette.
Fold the sides into the galette. Optional: brush with an egg yolk and top with sugar.
Bake for 30-35 minutes until lightly browned.
Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream!
That's NOT all for today, because there's another post coming! Check it out haha :)