Chai, But Make It Vegan
Day 303 (28th June)
I don't like almond milk either, but it works here. Trust me. Here's my recipe for an amazing vegan tea:
Recipe (One Serving)
Half a cup of almond milk
Half a cup of water
Two teaspoons of black tea leaves
Half a teaspoon of cinnamon
A pinch of nutmeg
One crushed cardamom pod
Half a teaspoon of grated ginger
1) Add the water, tea leaves, crushed cardamom pod, nutmeg, cinnamon, and ginger to a medium-sized saucepan.
2) Let the tea simmer on medium heat (or high heat, if you don't have a medium setting) for about 10 minutes.
3) Add the almond milk to the tea. Let it simmer for another five minutes.
4) Strain the tea using a sieve and discard the dregs.
4) Serve hot and consume immediately!
That's about it. The key to good tea is simmering it for a long time — don't skip that step!