Cooking With Scraps: Mini Cinnamon Rolls
Updated: May 28, 2022
Day 136 (12th January)
When I made the lemon pie yesterday, I had a few dough scraps left. Luckily, I knew exactly what to do with them!
This dish isn't my original idea; I saw a comment on Reddit about using pie dough to make cinnamon rolls.
All I did was:
1) Preheat the oven to 175°C
2) Collect the scraps and shape them into one ball.
3) Roll the ball out into a rectangular shape.
4) Cut equal length strips.
5) Brush the strips with melted butter.
6) Sprinkle cinnamon sugar on each strip.
7) Roll the strips into mini cinnamon rolls.
8) Pinch the ends to seal the dough.
9) Brush the cinnamon rolls with more melted butter.
10) Bake for around 5-8 minutes till golden brown.
You can also add a basic cream cheese frosting. Make sure to thin it out with a splash of milk!