Day 3 (01/09): Caramel Fudge
Updated: Sep 16, 2021
For day 3, I made caramel fudge/caramel crumble. It took me a few tries to get the recipe right, but it was worth it.
1) 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
2) 1/2 cup powdered brown sugar
3) 4 small cubes of butter
4) 1/4 cup milk
Recipe (came up with this one myself!)
1. Line a baking tin with parchment paper. Make sure to use non-stick spray/oil on the parchment paper. This is to make sure the caramel does not stick.
2. Combine all ingredients in a non-stick pan or pot and constantly stir on low heat for 12 minutes.
3. Let it cool for about 3 minutes, after which, stir the caramel again for about 2 minutes (till it reaches your desired consistency).
For caramel crumble
If you're looking to make caramel crumble (goes great with ice cream), use an electric whisk after cooling. If not, continue scrolling.
If you don't like the crumble, you can always reheat it with a splash of water to remake the caramel!
4. Now, spread the caramel in your pre-prepared baking tin lined with parchment paper (pictured below). Freeze the fudge overnight.
Cut it into squares or rectangles using a knife, and enjoy the fudgy delight with your family & friends in the morning!
Updated to add pictures on 12/09