The Best Food To Exist? Papdi Chaat
Day 264 (20th May)
Change my mind: Papdi chaat is more about the toppings than the papdi.
I ate this entire plate. It was that good. Here's the recipe:
(For about three regular small plates)
1/2 cup of whole wheat flour
1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
1/4 cup of roasted wheat flour
1/2 cup of water
1 tablespoon of oil
3/4 cup of homemade yoghurt
1/2 cup of tamarind chutney
3 tablespoons of green chutney
2 tablespoons of 'aloo bhujia'
1) Combine the various types of flour and oil in a bowl.
2) Add a tablespoon of oil to the mixture. Mix as well as you can.
3) Add 1/2 cup of water and knead the dough till smooth (about one minute).
4) Grease the counter and the surface of the dough with oil.
5) Roll the dough and cut it into circular pieces using a cookie cutter.
6) Prick each piece of dough at least five times using a fork (about 20 holes in total).
7) Place the papdi in a preheated air fryer at 180 degrees Celsius.
8) "Fry" for about thirteen minutes.
9) While the papdis are cooking, blend the homemade yoghurt in a mixer to make it smooth.
10) After the papdis have cooked, assemble the chat by layering the papdis, yoghurt, tamarind chutney, and green chutney. Top with aloo bhujia.
11) Serve immediately. Enjoy!