Day 85 (22/11): Tiramisu Cake Truffles
THESE WERE SO GOOD. I had some cake crumbs left over from yesterday's recipe, so I decided to make some tiramisu cake truffles!
This is the recipe:
Ingredients (for six servings)
1 cup cake crumbs
1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 cup hot and strong coffee
1) Crumble some vanilla sponge cake. I used the leftover crumbs from this recipe.
2) Whip the mascarpone and the heavy cream.
3) Add around two tablespoons of the whipped mascarpone and heavy cream mixture to the crumbs (one to two tablespoons for one cup). Adjust the amount of whipped cream, if needed.
4) Roll the mixture into balls.
5) Make one cup of hot coffee (without sugar).
6) Dip the balls into the coffee about three times.
7) Dip the balls into the mascarpone-cream mixture.
8) Coat the balls in cocoa powder.
9) Set in the refrigerator for an hour.
10) Add food picks. Serve cold.
That's all! Drop any questions you have in the comments. :)