What's With The Hate For Boxed Cakes?
Day 297 (22nd June)
I wanted to switch things up a little for today, so I asked the Taj staff to recommend a cake recipe for me to use. They very kindly lent me some Enhance premix to use.
Here is the recipe I followed:
300 grams of Enhance chocolate premix
160 grams of water
15 grams of oil
One teaspoon of almond flakes
One teaspoon of raisins
One teaspoon of tutti frutti
1) Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2) Mix all the ingredients (except the dry fruits) together.
2) Add the dry fruits to the batter until just mixed.
3) Line a baking dish (6-inch) with parchment paper.
4) Add your batter to the dish.
5) Bake the cake for 25 to 30 minutes (until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean).
6) Enjoy hot with a ganache or with coffee/tea!
I don't get the hate for boxed cakes — this was pretty good! Try it out, if you'd like :)
Also, yes, the picture isn't the best, but the cake did taste good — that's what matters, right?